I am a huge fan of manners, if you look on facebook you'll see I've "liked" manners at least twenty times. I won't do anything for anyone unless I hear a please and thank-you, I always expect someone to say excuse me when asking for something or passing me somewhere. I hate when people reach across the table instead of asking for something and so on. With manners I think it's equally important to just flat out be POLITE to people. What is the point to purposely offend someone? Whether you are doing it on purpose or not, you should be thinking about how the other person might perceive what you are saying, if you don't tihng of how they are hearing you then I think you are just being plain rude.
I have two problems with this.
First is with me, I love to argue. I hate being wrong. I have this remarkable talent to make almost everything sound good in my favor, whether I am right or not. Not only does this offend people, but it makes me look like a know-it-all-bitch. For me everything is a competition. Everything. Who can do the dishes faster? Who can spell the biggest word? Who knows more about the most useless thing in the world? Who has the worst flu?
It's because of this that I fight with almost everyone about everything. I am the first to admit my flaws and I'm not proud of them but no ones perfect right?
That being said I'm truly bothered by something. I may argue everything, but what I am arguing is useless things. "no that looks more blue then green." "backstreet boys are way better then nsync" "no, yellow is not a nice color".
I will NEVER understand how so many people have the balls to argue with a person about their life.
I don't mind the pregnant/new mom advice, when it is from people who have children. But it seems that almost everyone who has tried to give me advice has never been pregnant.
I've been told what the best hair cut is, I've been told how my body will change, I've been told by someone how my body HAS ALREADY changed (they were very wrong, and got angry when I told them that they were wrong.) I've been told how to handle symptoms, and what symptoms are normal and what aren't (according to some people who are "experts" because of how many people they know that have had kids I've had at least five miscarages this pregnancy...) and so much more.
The best part is, usually the people telling me these things haven't seen me or talked to me in a long, long time.
I'm sorry, but I don't care that you know five hundred and three people who have been pregnant, who have children, or how many times you've babysat you're little brother or sister. If you have not been pregnant yourself then there is absolutely no advice you can possibly offer me or any other pregnant woman. If you know when it's normal for a breast to start leaking, that's great. Now tell me how many times I got up to pee last night. I find it absolutely rude, inconsiderate, and annoying for anyone to think they know better about my life and my pregnancy then I do. It's almost sickening that I've been argued with over the heat. "oh no sweetie, pregnant women don't have any difference from normal people. Just go sit in the shade and have a nice glass of lemonade." Makes me want to squirt lemon juice in their eye. No, you don't have all the answers, no, soaking my feet is not going to make the swelling go down, no, my tummy is not going to shrink back to normal size immediately after I give birth, and no, the clothes at the stores I used to shop at do not fit me. For alot of reasons.
uhg. I'm so cranky....
No comments:
Post a Comment