Wednesday, 6 July 2011

I love being pregnant.

I went to the doctor today. I love going to my appointments. They are always so eventful. I arrived, pee'd in my cup, then bumped into someone on the way out of the bathroom and they got mad that I was holding pee and bumped into them. It was closed so it didn't spill. I found it hilarious. Then the student doctor put that cold jelly stuff on my belly to listen to the heartbeat and L gave the spot a good swift kick. The student doctor was holding her phone in her hand to time the heart beat and was surprised when L kicked the monitor and her oh so pretty iPhone went flying. Also hilarious. I love my little girl. Then I was measured. I'm measuring for 33 weeks. I know that doesn't really mean much but I think it's exciting because I'm convinced she's going to come a week and a half early. Then me and Dr. Cusano talked about how to stay cool and how annoying those darn braxton hicks contractions are. He apparently hates them just as much as I do. The only downside to my appointment was that whenever I leave there I wonder if I'm mature enough to  have a baby. Every time they say "vaginal birth" I giggle.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about how much I love being pregnant. So I'll get to that.
I get asked about 500 times a day "how are you feeling?" "are you doing alright?" or a good one is "I know it's tough but soon she will be here and you won't have to be pregnant anymore"
When I say I really love being pregnant and I don't want it to be over peoples reactions change. They say things like "I hate people like you who have easy pregnancies or think it's so joyful" or "how could someone LIKE being pregnant?!" Of course they are joking. But no one ever seriously asks me why I like it.
I've had a "complicated" pregnancy, you'd think I'd be absolutely miserable the way things have gone. Maybe I am crazy, but I like all the misery. Lol. I like it because every time I get sick, or a pain, or anything at all, it's a reminder that I'm making a beautiful little girl who I get to spend the rest of my life watching grow and laugh and live. It's bittersweet I guess, more sweet then bitter though. I love L enough that I am willing to go through  all the pregnancy symptoms for her. And I'm willing to do anything for her for the rest of my life without complaint. The way I look at it is, if I'm doing it for her, then it can't be that bad. Whatever makes her happy and healthy makes me happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment