Oh, I'm not talking about the act of smoking marijuana, I'm talking about justifying smoking marijuana.
I get it, you all want pot to be legalized. You think it's so great. And nothing bad has ever come of smoking pot. Blah. Blah. Blah, before I go on, I wanna say your hundred million gazillion posts on facebook aren't doing anything, aside from annoying me. Go like protest or something...outside, away from the computer. K thanks.
Anyway, back to the point.
For a example, my younger brother is a prime example of this particular group of people. The "yay lets all go smoke a joint and have our cancer cured cause pot is so wonderful" kinda people. The "we can all get along if we just giggled and smoke outta our bong" type of people. And of course The "nothing bad has EVER come from smoking pot. It's so good for you !" kind of people. Shhhuuuttttt uuuuppppp.
I'm sure by now just about everyone has heard of this recent study the wonderful university called Harvard has done. If not, I'll enlighten you. Harvard has completed a study done on mice, that showed that tumours have been reduced from the use of marijuana. No where does it PROVE that it will reduce tumours in humans, or remove them, but whatever. I'll humor everyone and go along with this. Prior to this study, marijuana has been used to reduce pain for medical reasons. Just a fyi. At this point I will throw out there that I don't smoke pot, I have ofcourse attempted it, never much liked it, and there for don't do it. I have not spent my life researching it, trying to make it sound good or bad, honestly, i could not care less if you smoke it or not. But I do think if you are going to engage in any activity, you should know the facts.
1) Marijuana has been PROVEN to cause testicular cancer, particularly in young men ( obviously men, but yeah, more young then old) ... At least the mice have smaller tumours.
2) Lung cancer. Oh yes. It certainly has been PROVEN to cause lung cancer. It's not a matter of if either folks, much like cigarettes, it's a matter of when. Don't bother arguing this. I am well aware that after quitting smoking your lungs return to pink and blah blah blah, doesn't mean lung cancer isn't happening in 50 years.
3) Weight gain. Obviously. Btw, I don't know many people who "munch" on celery after lighting up that bowl. So I'm gonna throw diabetes into this mix
Most importantly,
4) Brain damage. Seriously guys. It happens. Not to everyone, in fact it's rare. but it happens. I guarantee you can walk into any hospital, and go onto any psych ward, and there is AT LEAST one person who has never smoked a cigarette, drank any alcohol, or done any drug, and has ONLY smoked marijuana and is now sitting like a vegetable Not laced, just plain old pot. Not a excessive amount. But not a joint a year either. It happens people.
On that note, I'm positive I have missed alot. I'm sure I will be informed of many benefits of pot. And I'm sure every point I have made will be argued. But seriously people, it IS illegal for more reasons then taxes.
also - I'm just gonna add. It smells really bad. And is a useless cost of money.
ps - I get paid if ya'll click those adds on my blog. KAY THANKS !
On that note, I'm positive I have missed alot. I'm sure I will be informed of many benefits of pot. And I'm sure every point I have made will be argued. But seriously people, it IS illegal for more reasons then taxes.
also - I'm just gonna add. It smells really bad. And is a useless cost of money.
ps - I get paid if ya'll click those adds on my blog. KAY THANKS !
Only response I can think of: http://www.bit-101.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg
ReplyDelete