Thursday, 9 August 2012

Some people I tell ya.

I do not know what the sudden epidemic is with people thinking you HAVE to be a certain age to have children, but it is pissing me off.

Over the last few days I have seen way to many status' on facebook saying things like "thank god I don't have kids"
"Am I the only one our age with no kids yet"
"Having kids before x age is throwing away your youth"


LIKE SERIOUSLY GUYS?!


Maybe I'm just dumb, or maybe just no one told me, but I had NO clue that you have to be a certain age to have kids. I know some people who got pregnant at 15 and are amazing parents. I also know some 40 year old moms who probably shouldn't be around any kids at all. Whether you plan to get pregnant or not is irrelevant. Personally, I am way happier being a mom, then I ever was before I got pregnant.

Youth? really? thats your excuse? I know I wake up everyday EXCITED to play with my daughter. In my mind waking up hungover is not enjoying your YOUTH. I enjoy my youth by being able to run around and actively play with Loganne. When I go to bed at night I'm excited to wake up and see her beautiful face, I don't think about what embarrassing thing I did while I was drunk. I never wake up to a stranger and think "what have I done". I don't grit my teeth and suffer through a week just to go to a bar on a friday night. I enjoy every day I have, I have a sense of fulfilment, I get rewarded everyday by hugs and kisses and pure love. Every day I live is filled with laughter and love. I'm young, but I'm young enough to know I'll be dancing at my grand childrens weddings, I know I'll have enough energy to walk Loganne to school. I'm young enough to enjoy a large amount of Logannes life. When I look back to when I'm twenty something, I'm gonna remember how happy I was when Loganne took her first steps, and said mom for the first time. I'm not gonna think about how I can't remember anything because of that bottle of booze.

As for everything else, I get to go to the zoo now, I get to trick or treat again, I get to build snow men and go skating, I get to go swimming and spash in puddles. How is that for being young? Think being a parent is all sitting at home doing nothing? I get to go out to dinner and movies with a man I LOVE. Not someone who's around for sex. Sure, you're all young. But I promise you are not living life to the fullest, not yet. 


Being a parent is right for ME. It's right for alot of people.
Going out to the bar, and sleeping in till noon is right for alot of people too.

Having kids at 18 is right for some, having kids at 35 is right for some, and never having kids at all is right for some.
Just cause you don't understand why people make the choice to have kids at a young age, doesn't mean its the wrong choice. It's just not right for YOU.
I'm so sick of people acting shocked at how many young people have kids.
I'm even more sick of people thinking they are better then someone, because they have "made it" to a certain age without having a kid.
Not a proud accomplishment guys.


If you don't like the idea of having a kid at your age, then don't do it. It's just that freaking simple.
I would never sit and push someone to have a kid at my age, but I find it down right rude to say having a kid before 30, or whatever age you come up with, is a mistake. Your youth may involve partys, and road trips, and camping. My youth involves enjoying Logannes life. I still get to do everything someone with out kids does, I'd just rather be at home with my baby.
And to be honest, because I am a mother now, when I do go out and do things like camping and bars and such, I probably enjoy it alot more then someone without kids.


END FRIGGEN RANT

1 comment: