Thursday, 30 June 2011

Intro.

I'll introduce myself - I'm Amber, I'm 20 years old, I got pregnant after being with my boyfriend for only 5 months, I still live with my mom - as well as my boyfriend, and my two brothers, I'm still in school, and I am expecting the arrival of my first child on August 28th 2011.

Although I'm excited to have my little girl, and to be a mom, I certainly did not plan for this at such a young age - or even at all. I'm not sure who exactly I'm writing this blog for really. Maybe it's for my friends and family, maybe its for me, maybe I'm hoping for my little girl to see it one day, or maybe its just because I'm bored. Point is I'm doing it, and maybe someone will find interest in it.

I guess I'll start with a little bit of a story through my pregnancy so far. I was taking birth control to prevent pregnancy. I took the pill properly and never missed a pill. I was almost 2 months late before I finally went to the doctor and got a positive pregnancy test. That was January 9th. I went straight to Kevin's house (my boyfriend) and just flat out told him. I've never seen a man turn off a Xbox so fast. All I heard from him for the next two weeks was "I'm not ready for this". Obviously his first choice was abortion - I'm incredibly grateful and blessed to have found a man to support me no matter what my decision was - even if it was not his first pick. The next day I told my mom. Once again I just flat out said it. She told me there wasn't enough room in the house for me and a baby - I told her she can't expect me to give up my baby because she should know how much it hurts. Of course i regret saying that. I'm sure she regrets saying what she said. But what's done is done. I then threw up and she didn't talk to me for a month. Things could of gone a little smoother.

Let me just say that I did not decide to keep the baby immediately. I am and always have been very against abortion - my belief is that if you are not mature enough to either raise a baby, or choose adoption, then you are not mature enough to be having sex in the first place. I did however very much consider adoption. For a while I was convinced that was the best choice. I'm not sure when or why I decided to keep her. But I did. And I'm very convinced it is the right choice for her, myself, and Kevin.

Fast forward a few weeks and Kevin tells his family, of course they freaked out a little bit. but within hours I received a facebook message from his mom telling me it's not such a bad thing. I kept that message. It's special to me. My mom started talking to me again during this time. Other then that things were uneventful as far as pregnancy goes. Just the nausea, fatigue, hunger, etc.

That's enough for today - I'll write more later = )

No comments:

Post a Comment